PF1000 Pathfinder Digital Hot Metal Detector (HMD) Scanner
- Bar display of product pass line
- 110 VAC & 24 VDC connection in one unit
- Operates by signal comparison
- Hot scale and steam has no effect
- No motor driven rotating mirror
- Adjustable 1 - 250 ms response time
- Continuous & remote self-test
- Relay and Opto-isolated outputs
- NPN / PNP Transistor Output when 24 VDC
The PATHFINDER Scanner utilizes the latest microprocessor technology to ensure precise reliable detection.
Whereas old style HMD’s purely detect the hot product above pre-set thresholds, the PATHFINDER Scanner operates by microprocessor comparison of the background and hot product signal. Neither static hot scale or steam in the field of view causes false triggering. Furthermore, lens contamination will not raise its trip level.
While static analogue HMD’s utilize single diode detection and Rotary Scanners incorporate rotating mirrors, the PATHFINDER Scanner utilizes a digitally scanned InGaAs Diode Array. This technology removes the maintenance associated with Rotary Scanners yet provides the high reliability and accuracy associated with Scanners.
Microprocessor technology provides exceptionally fast and accurate detection of Rod or Strip leading/trailing edge where wide variations of IR signal are present. Response times are digitally adjusted by locking timers. To assist in alignment product path duplicated by an LED Bar Display which also used to indicate adjustments to precise values.