LT2000-ST & LT2000-HT Robust Laser Distance Meters
- Visible Class II Laser providing precise distance measurement
- Operates off Natural Surfaces at upto 30 Meters. Off a white target at 100 Meters and off a reflector at 150 Meters
- ST Model measures off product upto 900ºC
- HT Model measure off hot product upto 1200ºC
- Provides +/- 2mm to +/- 5mm accuracy
- Robust IP66 cast aluminum housing with unique combined air purge & cooling facility with Optional water cooling available
- Low in cost yet long range
- RS232 or RS422 Serial Interface
- Programmable 4-20 mA Analog Output
- Programmable Zero and Distance Offset
- Programmable Digital Output and External Trigger Input
These Laser Distance Meters operate over a substantial range off static or passing product in difficult areas and harsh environments over a range upto 30 meters off natural surfaces, upto 100 meters off white surfaces and upto 150 meters off reflector. For automated positioning control of material handling and transport systems these are the ideal low cost solution.
The LT2000-ST is especially suited for precise detection and measurement of cold product at 900°C upto 20M and well suited for measuring product width or length. The LT2000-HT can measure off hot product at upto 1200°C where within 5M.
Straightforward alignment is easily accomplished via the visible red laser measuring beam.
Accuracy of +/- 2mm to +/- 5mm according to ambient temperature and surface reflectivity. Repeatability is +/- 0.5mm and the user scalable resolution is 0.1mm.
The zero and distance offset as well as the span of the 4 – 20 mA analog output are both user programmable. This user can define a zero point independent of the analog output zero offset Provided with a user programmable digital switching output which is triggered by exceeding in the positive or negative direction of a programmable distance threshold. The hysteresis of the digital switching output is also programmable and an external trigger is provided.
This Robust Laser Distance Meter comes as standard with built-in air coolant chamber venting as air purge. Standard operating temperature without air cooling is 50°C and with air cooling 60°C. Optional water cooling with separate air purge is available for an operating temperature up to 70°C.
These Laser Distance Meters provide a highly accurate measurement reading and are ideal for length and width determination as well as controlling position of product in and around furnace areas.
Supplied as standard with either RS232 or RS422 serial interface with a 2400 to 38,400 Baud Rate & a programmable 4 – 20 mA 16 BIT analog output. ProfiBus DP Option is available.
A custom fabricated Heat Reflective Cover is available made from aluminium Kevlar. Upto 90% of external heat sources are reflected away. Provides heat reflective qualities in high ambient conditions and alongside external radiating heat sources.
- Product Material Length, width, level and position of product.
- Material Handling Automated Storage/Retrieval Systems & positioning of mobile equipment.
- Metals Industry Measure/Position slab, billet, bloom or bar.
- Crane Control Positioning of cranes & crane trolleys.