MDL 1000 Series Laser Doppler Velocitymeter
- Models with 150mm, 300mm, 600mm and 1200mm stand off as standard with 2,000 and 2,500mm being available.
- Laser Lifetime extended as no direct water cooling of laser unit.
- Dual Water Cooled Heat shield with self regulated air cooling maintains laser at 28ºC
- Air Blower Purge in place of expensive instrument air
- Laser beams not affected by air purge as dual tube nozzle restricts air flow
- Fast measurement rate 250,000 p/sec and update of 0.04ms
- Accuracy 0.05% repeatability 0.02% with 1ms acquisition time
- Selectable Serial I/Os RS232, RS485 or RS422, with TCP/IP access
- Three configurable Pulse Outputs, Quadrature or Index
- Four Digital Inputs and Three Relay Outputs
- Scalable 0-10 VDC analogue output
- Optional Protocols - Profibus, DeviceNet, Modbus, SSI, Ethernet IP
- Bragg Cell available for reverse travel & measurement from zero speed
These MDL 1000 Series Velocitymeters directly replace traditional high maintenance Encoders Operating via problematic con-tact wheels and rollers connected with an accurate “state-of-the-art” non-contact Laser Doppler technology. A particular merit of this Velocitymeter is its exceptionally fast measuring rate and update rate. With the ability to workoff most surfaces, it can be used to measure velocity and length of many materia ls in a variety of industries. There are four models with varying stand off distances and working ranges to suit production req
For use within Rolling Mills this Velocitymeter is available pre-mounted within a secondary protective
robust stainless steel en-closure with water cooled heat shields incorporating both direct air purge and air wipe via external fan blower. This technique of cooling greatly extends the life of the Lasers in this Velocitymeter as well as ensuring the laser beams have a clear field of viewand greatly reducing air supply costs.
This Velocitymeter is very easy to install and straight-forward to implement for process control of ve
locity measurement of wire,rod, sheet, web and woven, paper or plastic film product. This Velocitymeter offers the clients great versatility as numerous multiple outputs are provided as standard as well as further optional outputs being available.