MDLC Series 83200 C-Frame Laser Thickness Gauge For The Plate Mill
- Totally protected by “external” suspended water cooled radiators and insulated reflectors
- High accuracy as automatic zeroing and temperature compensation algorithms
- Automatically calibrates off on-line Certified Standard on each insertion.
- Single spot or multi-point options for full plate profile
- Lower cost than Isotope and X-ray Gauges
- Measures all thicknesses independent of alloy content
- Lasers in independently water cooled chambers
- Resistive touch screen Pentium PC with user friendly graphics in floor standing cabinet
- HCPI software algorithms address frame expansion and alloy hot/cold conversion rates
- Upgradeable by USB stick on site
This Gauge is purpose built to determine the thickness of the hot plate at the Reversing Stand in the Plate Mill.
The Gauge utilizes Class II Laser Triangulation Meters to determine both the thickness of the plate and at the same time to automatically calibrate off a Certified master plate sample that identifies distortions in the Gauge Fame due to ambient and radiant heat changes. In addition, the frame temperature is monitored by implanted thermocouples that are used in the Gauge Controller algorithms. By this means this Gauge automatically compensates for any distortions and provides high-resolution thickness measurement regardless of the effect of such influences.
Whilst other Thickness Gauges are unable to provide accurate measurement off both thick and thin plate from one
Gauge and require calibration for the various steel alloys, this Gauge operates over a wide plate thickness range, as well as measuring turn-up, and is totally unaffected by alloy content. In addition, there are no x-ray or radioactive isotopes that need to be controlled when in use.
Operates via Kontron PC104 Pentium 3 VX Windows Controller mounted in floor standing cabinet with flat resistive
touch screen and user friendly graphic display. HCPI software addresses expansion algorithms for 10 alloys and provides hot/cold conversion of plate thickness.