LT2000-SP Laser Distance Meter For Outdoor Application
- Visible Class II Laser providing precise distance measurement.
- Operates off Natural Surfaces up to 30 Meters (98 feet), off a white target at 100 Meters (328 Feet) and off a special reflector target at 150 Meters (492 Feet).
- Measuring rate as low as 100msec off of a white surface.
- Provides +/- 2mm to +/- 5mm accuracy.
- Low in cost yet long range.
- RS232 & RS422 Serial Interface
- Programmable 4-20 mA Analogue Output
- Programmable Digital Output & Offset
- External Trigger Input
- IP66 Glass Fibre Reinforced Polyester Enclosure Corrosion Proof
The LT2000-SP Laser Distance Meter operates over a substantial range off static or passing product in difficult areas in harsh corrosive environments. The LT2000-SP measures distances over a working range up to 30 meters off of natural surfaces , up to 100 meters off of white surfaces and up to 150 meters off of a special reflector. For operation with automated positioning control of material handling transport systems a white reflective target is used or the special reflector is used.
Especially suited for precise detection and measurement of cold/hot product at temperatures up to 600°C. For higher product temperature our Model LT2000-HT is available for measurement of cold/hot product at product temperatures up to 1200°C.
Straightforward alignment is easily accomplished via the visible red laser measuring beam.
Accuracy is +/- 2mm to +/- 5mm according to ambient temperature and surface reflectivity. Repeatability is +/- 0.5mm and the user scalable resolution is 0.1mm.
The zero offset and the span of the 4 – 20 mA analogue output are both user programmable. The distance offset is also user programmable, this allows the user to define a zero point independent of the analogue output zero offset.
The LT2000-SP is provided with a user programmable digital switching output which is triggered by exceeding in the positive or negative direction a user programmable distance threshold. The hysteresis of the digital switching output is also programmable.
The LT2000-SP is a robust Laser Distance Meter and is provided in a NEMA 4 – IP66 Fibre Reinforced Polyester Weather Resistant Corrosion Proof Enclosure. Standard operating temperature is 50°C.
The LT2000-SP laser distance meter provides a highly accurate measurement reading. It is ideal for length, width, thickness, depth, height, position determination.
The LT2000-SP is supplied a standard with either a RS232 or RS422/RS485 serial interface with a 2400 to 38,400 Baud Rate & a programmable 4 – 20 mA 16 BIT analogue output. An optional ProfiBus DP Gateway Interface Box is available. ProfiBus DP, DeviceNet, and Ethernet Interface Options will soon be available
- Product Material : Length, width, thickness, level and position of product.
- Material Handling : Automated Storage/Retrieval Systems and positioning of mobile equipment.
- Crane Control : Positioning of cranes & crane trolleys.
- Collision Avoidance : Distance alarm between vehicles using white target.