LT2020-SO Laser Distance Meter
- Visible Class II Laser providing precise distance measurement.
- Operates off Natural Surfaces up to 30 Meters (98 feet), off a white target at 100 Meters (328 Feet) and off a special reflector target at 150 Meters (492 Feet).
- Measuring rate as low as 20msec off of a white surface.
- Provides +/- 2mm to +/- 5mm accuracy.
- RS232 or RS422/RS485 Serial Interface
- Programmable 4-20 mA Analogue Output
- Programmable Digital Output & Offset
- External Trigger Input
- Extruded aluminium housing rated IP65.
- Secondary Environmental Enclosures are available for additional protection for indoor, outdoor and elevated temperature applications.
The LT2020-SO Laser Distance Meter operates over a substantial range off static or passing product. ST2020-SO measures distances over a working range up to 30 meters off of natural surfaces , up to 100 meters off of white surfaces and up to 150 meters off of a special reflector. For operation with automated positioning control of material handling transport systems a white reflective target is used or the special reflector is used.The LT2020-SO can provide a measuring rate as low as 20 milliseconds.
Especially suited for precise detection and measurement of cold/hot product at with product surface temperatures up to 600°C. For higher product surface temperature, the Model LT2020-HT is available for measurement of cold/hot product at product surface temperatures up to 1200°C.
Straightforward alignment is easily accomplished via the visible red laser measuring beam.
Accuracy is +/- 2mm to +/- 5mm according to ambient temperature and surface reflectivity. Repeatability is +/- 0.5mm and the user scalable resolution is 0.1mm.
The zero offset and the span of the 4 – 20 mA analogue output are both user programmable. The distance offset is also user programmable, this allows the user to define a zero point independent of the analogue output zero offset.
Provided with a user programmable digital switching output which is triggered by exceeding in the positive or negative direction a user programmable distance threshold. The hysteresis of the digital switching output is also programmable.
The LT2020-SO is provided in a dust and waterproof protected IP65 enclosure. Standard operating temperature range is -10°C to 50°C. Optional Secondary Environmental Enclosures are available for additional protection for indoor, outdoor and elevated temperature applications.
The low cost LT2020-SO Laser Distance Meter provides a highly accurate measurement reading. It is ideal for automated positioning control of material handling transport systems where a quicker measuring output rate is required.
Supplied as standard with a switch selectable RS232 & RS422 serial interface with a 2400 to 38,400 Baud Rate & a programmable 4 – 20 mA 16 BIT analoueg output. An optional version with a ProfiBus DP Interface is available. ProfiBus DP, DeviceNet and Ethernet Interface Options will soon be available.
- Product Material : Length, width, level and position of product.
- Material Handling : Automated Storage/Retrieval Systems and positioning of mobile equipment.
- Metals Industry : Measure/Position slab, billet, bloom or bar.
- Crane Control : Positioning of cranes & crane trolleys.
- Collision Avoidance : Distance alarm between vehicles using reflective target.