LT2020-ST Laser Distance Meter – Robust Model
- Visible Class II Laser providing precise distance measurement
- Operates off Natural Surfaces up to 30 Meters (98 feet), off a white target at 100 Meters (328 Feet) and off a special reflector target at 150 Meters (492 Feet)
- Provides +/- 2mm to +/- 5mm accuracy
- Measuring Rate as low as 20 msec off of a white surface or a special reflector target
- RS232 or RS422/RS485 Serial Interface
- Programmable 4-20 mA Analogue Output
- Programmable Digital Output & Offset
- External Trigger Input
- Robust cast aluminium housing rated IP66 with unique combined air purge & cooling facility Optional water cooling available
The LT2020-ST Laser Distance Meter operates over a substantial range off static or passing product in difficult areas in harsh environments.
The LT2020-ST measures distances over a working range up to 30 meters off of natural surfaces , up to 100 meters off of white surfaces and up to 150 meters off of a special reflector. For operation with automated positioning control of material handling transport systems a white reflective target is used or the special reflector is used. The LT2020-ST can provide a measuring rate as low as 20 milliseconds when used with a white target or special reflector target.
Especially suited for precise detection and measurement of cold/hot product at temperatures up to 600°C. For higher product temperature a Model LT2000-HT is available for measurement of cold/hot product at product temperatures up to 1200°C.
Straightforward alignment is easily accomplished via the visible red laser measuring beam.
Accuracy is +/- 2mm to +/- 5mm according to ambient temperature and surface reflectivity. Repeatability is +/- 0.5mm and the user scalable resolution is 0.1mm.
The zero offset and the span of the 4 – 20 mA analogue output are both user programmable. The distance offset is also user programmable, this allows the user to define a zero point independent of the analogue output zero offset.
Provided with a user programmable digital switching output which is triggered by exceeding in the positive or negative direction a user programmable distance threshold. The hysteresis of the digital switching output is also programmable.
This Robust Laser Distance Meter with built-in air coolant chamber venting as air purge. Standard operating temperature without air cooling is 50°C and with air cooling is 60°C. Optional water cooling is available for an operating temperature up to 70°C.
The LT2020-ST Laser Distance Meter provides a highly accurate measurement reading. It is ideal for length and width determination, and checking position of product in and around furnace areas.
Supplied as standard with a switch selectable RS232 & RS422 serial interface with a 2400 to 38,400 Baud Rate & a programmable 4 – 20 mA 16 BIT analogue output. An optional ProfiBus DP Gateway Interface Box is available. ProfiBus DP, DeviceNet and Ethernet Interface Options
- Product Material : Length, width, level and position of product.
- Material Handling : Automated Storage/Retrieval Systems and positioning of mobile equipment.
- Metals Industry : Measure/Position slab, billet, bloom or bar.
- Crane Control : Positioning of cranes & crane trolleys.
- Collision Avoidance : Distance alarm between vehicles using reflective target.