LT2020-XT Distance Meter For Explosion Proof Application
- Visible Class II Laser providing precise distance measurement
- Operates off Natural Surfaces up to 25 Meters (82 feet), off a white target at 85 Meters (279 Feet) and off a special reflector target at 125 Meters (410 Feet)
- Measuring rate as low as 100msec off of a white surface
- Measuring Rate as low as 20 msec off of a white surface or special reflector target
- Provides +/- 3mm to +/- 5mm accuracy
- RS232 & RS422 Serial Interface
- Programmable 4-20 mA Analogue Output
- External Trigger Input
- Cast Aluminium Housing Rated IP66, NEMA 4X Plus Explosion Proof Class I, Groups B, C, D, Class II, Groups E, F, G, Class III, NEMA 7BCD
The LT2020-XT Laser Distance Meter operates over a substantial range off static or passing product in difficult areas in harsh hazardous and outdoor environments. The LT2020-XT measures distances over a working range up to 25 meters off of natural surfaces , up to 85 meters off of white surfaces and up to 125 meters off of a special reflector. For operation with automated positioning control of material handling transport systems a white reflectivetarget is used or the special reflector is used. The LT2020-XT can provide a measuring rate as low as 20 milliseconds when used with a white target or special reflector target.
Especially suited for precise detection and measurement of cold/hot product at temperatures up to 600°C.
Straightforward alignment is easily accomplished via the visible red laser measuring beam.
Accuracy is +/- 3mm to +/- 5mm according to ambient temperature and surface reflectivity. Repeatability is +/- 0.5mm and the user scalable resolution is 0.1mm
The zero offset and the span of the 4 – 20 mA analogue output are both user programmable. The distance offset is also user programmable, this allows the user to define a zero point independent of the analogue output zero offset.
The LT2020-XT is provided with a user programmable digital switching output which is triggered by exceeding in the positive or negative direction a user programmable distance threshold. The hysteresis of the digital switching output is also programmable.
The LT2020-XT is a robust Laser Distance Meter and is provided in a Sand Cast Copper Free Aluminium Explosion Proof Housing. The Housing meets Explosion Proof Certifications for Class I, Groups B, C, D; Class II, Groups E, F, G; Class III, NEMA 7BCD, NEMA 9EFG and ATEX IIC. The Housing can also be used in IP66 and NEMA 4X Water Tight Applications. The Housing has a corrosion Resistant, “Safety Blue” Polyester Powder Coating and utilizes Stainless Steel Hardware. Standard operating temperature is 50°C.
The LT2020-XT laser distance meter provides a highly accurate measurement reading. It is ideal for length, width, thickness, depth, height, position determination.
The LT2020-XT is supplied a standard with either a RS232 or RS422/RS485 serial interface with a 2400 to 38,400 Baud Rate & a programmable 4 – 20 mA 16 BIT analogue output. An optional ProfiBus DP Gateway Interface Box is available. ProfiBus DP, DeviceNet, and Ethernet Interface Options will soon be available.
- Product Material : Length, width, thickness, level and position of product.
- Material Handling : Automated Storage/Retrieval Systems and positioning of mobile equipment.
- Crane Control : Positioning of cranes & crane trolleys.
- Collision Avoidance : Distance alarm between vehicles using white target.