New Generation MD3500VHT Laser Distance Meter
- Class II Laser providing precise measurement
- Multiple Selectable RS232 , RS422, RS485 Serial Interfaces
- Operates off Natural Surfaces up to 100M and off Oralite 5200 Reflector Panels at up to 500M
- Provides +/- 1mm accuracy and 0.1mm resolution
- Low in cost yet long range
- Programmable 4-20 mA Analogue Output
- “Three” programmable Digital Outputs with Offset
- External Trigger Input and Output
- Available with Ex rated enclosure
The New Generation MD3500-VHT Laser Distance Meter operates over a substantial range off static or passing
product as well as providing crane positioning and control in harsh environments. It has a substantial working
range up to 100M off natural surfaces and up to 500M off Reflector foil panels.
As the Laser Distance Meter has a fast measuring rate of up to100 Hz and provides a highly accurate measurement reading it is ideal for length and width determination, checking position of product in the Plant as well as for Crane Control and positioning. The Sensor may be parameterized via the display, Hyper-Terminal or similar terminal programming and 7-bit ASCII protocol.
Especially suited for precise detection and measurement of product at temperatures over 1300°C. For higher product temperature other Models are available.
Straightforward alignment is easily accomplished via the visible laser measuring beam. Accuracy provided is +/-
1mm with a repeatability of +/-0.1mm and the user scalable resolution is 0.1mm. The zero offset and the span of the 4 -20 mA analogue output are user programmable. The distance offset is also user programmable and allows the user to define a zero point independent of the analogue output zero offset.
Provided with three programmable digital switching outputs to provide independent alarms triggered by exceeding in the positive or negative direction a user programmable distance threshold. The hysteresis of these is programmable. In addition a trigger function is provided by selection that can be used as an input or output.
Supplied as standard with multiple RS232, RS422 and RS485 Serial Interfaces as well as 4 -20 mA 12 Bit analogue output. Other Models with ProfiBus DP or SSI connection being introduced shortly.
- Product Measurement : Length, width, level and position of product.
- Material Handling : Automated Storage Systems and mobile equipment.
- Metals Industry : Measure/Position slab, billet, bloom or bar.
- Crane Control : Positioning of cranes & crane trolleys.
- Collision Avoidance : Distance alarm between crane trolleys off reflectors